Friday, November 16, 2018

Bounce: How Champions are Made

This is a book I have been reading: BOUNCE by Matthew Syed. Have not finished yet but I enjoy it so much that I want to share it!

Matthew Syed is an English Journalist and he was also a table tennis player. He was a 3 time Commonwealth Champion and was a 2 time Olympian. His book forces us to re-think about whether talent and success really goes hand in hand. (Not just in sport, but in other areas such as arts, business etc).

About the book: Click to watch the video :)



I would think this is a very good and well written book. It provide a lot of evidence to support what the author stand for his points. If I have a chance to read this book earlier like few years ago, I will not simply given up many interests that I had but was thought I shouldn't wasting time to pursue for. I would have tried for many things and who know I may have succeeded one of those and achieve my dream earlier.

Matt Syed's theory can be commonly applied in many different sports, especially in table tennis where the game is mainly emphasized on the coordination of hand and eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bounce: How Champions are Made

This is a book I have been reading: BOUNCE by Matthew Syed. Have not finished yet but I enjoy it so much that I want to share it! Matthew ...